- Advertisement -
Home Coronavirus Anthony LaPaglia, 61, reveals what hotel quarantine in Melbourne was REALLY like

Anthony LaPaglia, 61, reveals what hotel quarantine in Melbourne was REALLY like

- Advertisement -

Actor Anthony LaPaglia has described the woeful conditions of hotel quarantine after returning to Australia from America. 

Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph this week, the 61-year-old claimed the experience ‘surprisingly punitive’ in a less-than-pleasant review.  

‘No windows that opened at all for fresh air and a 15-minute walk every second day accompanied by a guard,’ Anthony alleged.

Conditions: Anthony LaPaglia, 61, (pictured) has revealed what hotel quarantine in Melbourne was REALLY like and called it  'surprising punitive' in an interview with The Sunday Telegraph

Conditions: Anthony LaPaglia, 61, (pictured) has revealed what hotel quarantine in Melbourne was REALLY like and called it  ‘surprising punitive’ in an interview with The Sunday Telegraph

Anthony claimed he needed to get a representative on the phone in order to get blood pressure medication, but was unable to do so.  

‘I’d had enough so I put my sneakers on and decided to get their attention by walking out of my room. The problem was resolved.

Anthony explained he wanted to ‘cut them a break’ as it was at a stage when no one really understood the pandemic issue. He also considered the quarantine’s vital.  

'No windows that opened at all for fresh air and a 15-minute walk every second day accompanied by a guard': Anthony said of the experience earlier this year

 ‘No windows that opened at all for fresh air and a 15-minute walk every second day accompanied by a guard’: Anthony said of the experience earlier this year 

‘I don’t want to criticise Melbourne too harshly as it was very early on in the pandemic,’ the actor said respectfully. 

Anthony went on to explain he had a more positive experience during his second quarantine experience at the Novotel in Sydney’s Olympic Park. 

The Without A Trace actor was forced to defend staff of the hotel following reports he was ‘dumped’ into quarantine.

Balance: 'I don't want to criticise Melbourne too harshly as it was very early on in the pandemic,' the actor said respectfully. Pictured: June, 2017

Balance: ‘I don’t want to criticise Melbourne too harshly as it was very early on in the pandemic,’ the actor said respectfully. Pictured: June, 2017

The public has been at odds with a number of celebrities, with a July Sydney Morning Herald report suggesting there was a ‘celebrity pecking order’ with actress Nicole Kidman, 53, and Keith Urban, 52, granted special permission by the New South Wales Government to self-isolate at home. 

Dannii Minogue was also exempt from hotel quarantine in Queensland.  

After news of the exemptions made headlines, some Australians angrily suggested that COVID-19 travel restrictions only seem to affect ordinary people, and not the rich and famous.

Positive: Anthony said second quarantine in Sydney was different, and a much more enjoyable experience. Pictured: Novotel hotel

Positive: Anthony said second quarantine in Sydney was different, and a much more enjoyable experience. Pictured: Novotel hotel 

In pictures obtained by Daily Mail Australia, Keith, Nicole and their daughters Sunday, 12, and Faith, nine, appeared happy and relaxed as they walked through their Sutton Forest farm to their $6.5million mansion in the Southern Highlands last month.    

However, their freedom to head straight home following a long-haul flight from the U.S., where there have been four million confirmed COVID-19 cases, has divided many fans.

One fumed on social media: ‘If we all have to do it and no one is getting exemptions then EVERYONE should have to do it! And they wonder why people start breaking the rules.’

Self-isolating at home: Meanwhile, Nicole Kidman, 53, and Keith Urban, 52, (both pictured in January 2020) skipped hotel quarantine in New South Wales, in favour of isolating in their $6.5million estate in the Southern Highlands last month

Self-isolating at home: Meanwhile, Nicole Kidman, 53, and Keith Urban, 52, (both pictured in January 2020) skipped hotel quarantine in New South Wales, in favour of isolating in their $6.5million estate in the Southern Highlands last month

Not impressed: 'This is SO wrong! First, bloody Dannii Minogue and now these two. Completely unfair and wrong!' one fan fumed on social media

Not impressed: ‘This is SO wrong! First, bloody Dannii Minogue and now these two. Completely unfair and wrong!’ one fan fumed on social media

Another wrote: ‘Two different sets of laws: one for the rich and powerful and one for the ordinary person.’

However, many others pointed out that they didn’t see a problem with it if the pair stayed at home for two weeks.

One supporter wrote: ‘This is right decision. They have their own property, why not? They both deserve a little credit for promoting Australia every day… Welcome home.’

Despite being granted this exception, the pair still had to spend 14 days at home in accordance with Australia’s coronavirus rules.

According to the NSW Government website, people returning from overseas are only exempt from staying at a quarantine hotel if there are ‘strong medical, health or compassionate grounds’.     

Rules: According to the NSW Government website, people returning from overseas are only exempt from staying at a quarantine hotel if there are 'strong medical, health or compassionate grounds'. Nicole and Keith are pictured in January 2020

Rules: According to the NSW Government website, people returning from overseas are only exempt from staying at a quarantine hotel if there are ‘strong medical, health or compassionate grounds’. Nicole and Keith are pictured in January 2020

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

16,985FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

Car drivers face £200million electric scooter crash bill

Car drivers are set to pay higher insurance premiums because of accidents caused by electric scooter riders, industry chiefs have warned.In the UK, the...
- Advertisement -

NRL enforcer Tevita Pangai Jnr stood down for coronavirus breach after attending barber shop

NRL star Tevita Pangai Jnr has been banned for two matches after he breached the code's strict COVID-19 protocols by visiting a bikie-linked barber shop...

Hillary Clinton says New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd ‘had too much pot brownie’

Hillary Clinton has joked that New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd 'had too much pot brownie' after Dowd wrote that the Democrats had not...

Finger of suspicion is pointed at the world’s most expensive painting

A finger of suspicion has been pointed at the world’s most expensive painting - because the hands are ‘too childish’ to have been painted...

Related News

Car drivers face £200million electric scooter crash bill

Car drivers are set to pay higher insurance premiums because of accidents caused by electric scooter riders, industry chiefs have warned.In the UK, the...

NRL enforcer Tevita Pangai Jnr stood down for coronavirus breach after attending barber shop

NRL star Tevita Pangai Jnr has been banned for two matches after he breached the code's strict COVID-19 protocols by visiting a bikie-linked barber shop...

Hillary Clinton says New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd ‘had too much pot brownie’

Hillary Clinton has joked that New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd 'had too much pot brownie' after Dowd wrote that the Democrats had not...

Finger of suspicion is pointed at the world’s most expensive painting

A finger of suspicion has been pointed at the world’s most expensive painting - because the hands are ‘too childish’ to have been painted...

Mum who ‘can’t cook’ shares how she made a ‘no bake corona cake’ for her husband’s 51st birthday 

A 45-year-old mum who 'can't cook' has revealed how she put together an incredible 'no bake corona cake' for her husband's 51st birthday. Vanessa Adamson,...
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here