- Advertisement -
Home Coronavirus Man City, United and Liverpool to miss out on Kalidou Koulibaly 'after...

Man City, United and Liverpool to miss out on Kalidou Koulibaly ‘after failing to meet asking price’

- Advertisement -

Kalidou Koulibaly is in talks over a contract extension with Napoli after offers from potential suitors did not meet the club’s asking price, according to reports.

Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool have all been linked with a move for the centre back, who was originally valued at close to £90million before the outbreak of coronavirus.

According to Corriere dello Sport, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis was ready to listen to offers for the defender and lowered his valuation to £70million.

Kalidou Koulibaly is in talks over a contract extension with Napoli, according to reports

Kalidou Koulibaly is in talks over a contract extension with Napoli, according to reports

Offers for the defender have not met club president Aurelio De Laurentiis's asking price

Offers for the defender have not met club president Aurelio De Laurentiis’s asking price

But bids that came in were closer to £55million, nowhere near enough to tempt the club or player into a move.

The 29-year-old, who is said to be happy in Naples, is now discussing a contract extension meaning his Premier League admirers may have missed their chance.

Koulibaly has been with the Serie A side since 2014 and has become one of the best defenders in the Italian league.

The centre back was impressive against Liverpool in the Champions League this season

The centre back was impressive against Liverpool in the Champions League this season

The Senegal international was impressive in both of Napoli’s Champions League games against Liverpool this season but the coronavirus pandemic could limit the amount of money clubs can spend on transfers.

Man City are heavily linked with Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake who would be a considerably cheaper option than Koulibaly.

The Napoli man played down a move away from the Italian side earlier this month and hinted he could end his career at the San Paolo stadium. 

Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool are all said to have shown an interest

Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool are all said to have shown an interest

He told Gazetto dello Sport: ‘I never spoke to Napoli about leaving. If we have to find a solution, we will find it, but I have never talked about the transfer market.

‘I also read in the newspapers about my future. But I only want to think about playing, I am 100 per-cent [committed to] Napoli and it bothers me to be linked, every day, to this or that European club.

‘We will see what the president will decide and if he proposes to extend my contract, that would allow me to end my career here.’ 

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

16,985FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

Billy Joe Saunders sends out extraordinary offer to Canelo Alvarez for December fight in the UK

Billy Joe Saunders has put himself back in contention for a fight with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez later this year — and has offered to...
- Advertisement -

Kai Carlton’s tribute to The Veronicas fiancée Jessica Origliasso as pair are separated by pandemic

Kai Carlton and his fiancée Jessica Origliasso have been separated for close to six months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 35-year-old Veronicas star is...

Married At First Sight’s Jules Robinson devastated she is unable to celebrate her babymoon overseas

Married At First Sight couple Jules Robinson and Cameron Merchant are six weeks out from welcoming their first child.And on Sunday, the reality star...

How to prepare for your return to the office: Experts reveal tips to tackle work anxiety

As Boris Johnson continues to urge workers back into their offices so long as they are Covid-secure, there will be many feeling anxious about...

Related News

Billy Joe Saunders sends out extraordinary offer to Canelo Alvarez for December fight in the UK

Billy Joe Saunders has put himself back in contention for a fight with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez later this year — and has offered to...

Kai Carlton’s tribute to The Veronicas fiancée Jessica Origliasso as pair are separated by pandemic

Kai Carlton and his fiancée Jessica Origliasso have been separated for close to six months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 35-year-old Veronicas star is...

Married At First Sight’s Jules Robinson devastated she is unable to celebrate her babymoon overseas

Married At First Sight couple Jules Robinson and Cameron Merchant are six weeks out from welcoming their first child.And on Sunday, the reality star...

How to prepare for your return to the office: Experts reveal tips to tackle work anxiety

As Boris Johnson continues to urge workers back into their offices so long as they are Covid-secure, there will be many feeling anxious about...

Pupils pose no risk of spreading Covid, says study

Pupils pose no risk of spread Covid-19, a new study has revealed, as it emerges the under-pressure Education Secretary faces the sack if he...
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here